In part 2 of “When Construction MET Technology” David De Yarza of Builderbox and I will continue our conversation on the convergence zone of construction and technology.
We talk about:
- Jobs in construction technology areas, including Amazon’s movement towards smart cities and Alexa (what’s she really up to?)
- How construction technology experts are typically self-taught and what they had to learn themselves.
- Are the degrees and certifications emerging in IoT and Telematics really preparing graduates?
- What roles does security play in construction and smart buildings and who’s responsible for these smart building security systems?
- Why construction is second to last of 22 industry sectors in terms of investing in technology?
- Is a bubble coming in the housing/construction industry?
- How viable are some projected and/or new innovations for the construction industry?
- Is Elon Musk having a bad year? Or, what? (We’re fans!)
And, more. Signing off!